What happens if a researcher gets divorced and has no kids? Does this mean that the researcher is no longer entitled to receive the Family Allowance?

Yes, if the situation of the researcher changes, the Family Allowance can become ineligible. If the relationship is no longer bound through marriage/ other legal agreement, then they are no longer eligible to receive the allowance.

The researcher is obligated to inform of this change of situation if it occurs.